Global Micro-Clinic Project
Royal Health Awareness Society
Location of the project:
August 1, 2008 - November 1, 2012
The project will develop and implement a plan that will serve as a basis for a comprehensive approach for managing and treating diabetes in the country. The successful implementation of Micro-Clinic project will promote wellness, alleviate the economic burden of poor health, and provide a model comprehensive public health approach to the management of diabetes in the Middle East and around the world.
Results to date (November 2014):
- 20th World Diabetes Congress, Montreal (Canada), October 2009
- TED conferences (11 February 2010)
- CGI (17 April 2010)
- The Clinton Global Initiative-U, Miami (USA), 2010
- Diabesity, A World-Wide Challenge, Brussels (Belgium) February 2012
- 5th Annual Global Health Conference, Washington (USA), May 2014
- "Queen highlights importance of healthy lifestyles in adressing diabetes", The Jordan Times, Thursday August 11, 2011
Project completed in November 2012
BRIDGES (Bringing Research in Diabetes to Global Environments and Systems) is a programme initiated by the International Diabetes Federation, and supported by an educational grant from Lilly Diabetes.