To influence the political leaders of the world, IDF and the NCD Alliance have released a Proposed Outcomes Document that outlines the goals and targets that should be agreed upon at the close of the High-Level UN Summit.
IDF is now embarking on a critical period of the Summit journey and this document will mark the beginning of an important dialogue which will help IDF persuade world leaders to combat cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic respiratory disease and diabetes.
IDF and the NCD Alliance lobbied the UN General Assembly to adopt the 34 recommendations put forward in the Proposed Outcomes Document. A shorter document listing 10 priorities was later issued, focusing on leadership and international cooperation; prevention; treatment; monitoring, reporting and accountability. This document, together with the template letter below, can be used to send to your representatives to urge them to ensure your government plays a key role in the UN Summit.
- Download the UN Summit Outcomes Document - AR - ES - FR - RU
- Download the press release.
- The Lancet & NCD Alliance Priority NCD Interventions (pdf, 350KB) Priority NCD InterventionPpp(351 Kb((((((
- NCD Alliance Pocket Outcomes Document - 10 priorities - July 2011 (pdf, 258 KB)
- UN Summit template letter (Word, 19KB) EN - ES - FR