National Institute of diabetes and metabolic disorders (Hanoi, Vietnam)
University of Helsinki; International Diabetes Federation
Ta Van Binh
Do Dinh Tung; Vu Bich Nga; Qing Qiao (University of Helsinki)
Location of the project:
Province of Ninh Binh, Vietnam
Junel 1, 2011 – June 1, 2014
- To implement a culturally tailored diabetes prevention program through lifestyle intervention into real life settings in communities of Ninhbinh province for three years.
- To evaluate the effectiveness, cost-effectiveness, feasibility, acceptability and sustainability of lifestyle intervention programs by assessing changes between various groups.
- To check the impact of the dietary culture and city plan on incidence of obesity and diabetes.
- To set up a community based model of diabetes prevention by raising the public awareness of diabetes and diabetic risk factors. Also to promote healthy eating along with physical activity in the target population.
Results to date:
Posters and Presentations:
- 4th Scientific meeting of the Asian Association for the Study of Diabetes, Kyoto (Japan), November 2012
- Diabetes Forum, Hanoi (Vietnam), October 2013
- World Diabetes Congress, Melbourne (Australia), December 2013
- Vietnam Diabetes Conference, 2014
- "Investigating characteristics and prevalence of metabolic syndrom using different criteria among pre-diabetes in Ninh Binh". Journal of Military Pharmaco-Medicine. Volume 39, 2014