The Diabetes and Ramadan (DAR) in collaboration with the Diabetes Education Study Group (DESG) of EASD, the IDF-MENA and IDF Africa Regions and Gulf Group for the Study of Diabetes (GGSD) proudly announces the Diabetes and Ramadan (DAR) 2nd International Forum to be held in Manchester on 4 March 2014 at the British Muslim Heritage Centre.
The purpose of the forum is to discuss how can people with diabetes best manage their diabetes during the month of Ramadan.
Bringing together in one place all interested parties and an international faculty of experts in the field of diabetes and Ramadan provides an excellent opportunity to look into future work to better understand and improve diabetes management during Ramadan.
The faculty includes:
- Sir Michael Hirst, President, International Diabetes Federation
- Prof Andrew Boulton, President, European Association for the Study of Diabetes
- Dr Line Kleinebril, Chair, Diabetes Education Study Group (DESG) of EASD
- Prof Adel El-Sayed, Chair, IDF Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region
- Dr Evariste Bouenizabila, Chair, IDF Africa Region
The Forum will also include international speakers with long experience in diabetes and Ramadan fasting from many countries including Egypt, France, Holland, India, Kuwait, Morocco, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, UK and USA.