- IDF links the local to the global: from grass-roots activism, through programmes with health professionals, to influencing global health and development policy
- IDF elevated diabetes onto the global agenda through the UN High-level Meeting on NCDs
- IDF supports a global network of health professionals from over 170 countries working in diabetes education
- The IDF World Diabetes Congress is the only global event that brings together the whole diabetes community
- IDF leads the World Diabetes Day campaign: hundreds of buildings around the world illuminated in blue on 14 November
IDF is the global voice for diabetes. This chapter highlights all the ways in which IDF is driving the global agenda and bringing diabetes to the forefront through concerted global advocacy, grassroots campaigns, and bringing the diabetes community together.