IDF is committed to raising global diabetes awareness and enhancing diabetes education worldwide. We therefore make every effort to diffuse valuable diabetes information to as many people as possible and we invite you and your organization to do the same.
We welcome the translation and/or reproduction of any material published in Diabetes Voice. Permission to translate or reproduce Diabetes Voice content is granted according to the conditions below. Please read these carefully before proceeding with an application to reproduce.
In order to translate or reproduce Diabetes Voice content, you will need to download and complete the reproduction permission form. This should be returned by fax or email to the Managing Editor. You will be contacted immediately following an application to reproduce Diabetes Voice material.
- Applications shall be made on the Translation/Reproduction Permission Form, which can be downloaded as a PDF file (above) or obtained from the International Diabetes Federation, Executive Office, Chaussée de la Hulpe 166, 1170 Brussels, Belgium.
- Applications seeking permission to translate or reproduce Diabetes Voice shall be addressed to the Managing Editor.
- The IDF shall hold copyright to any translated or reproduced material.
- The translated publication or reproduction shall correspond in content to the original publication. The layout of such reproduced material shall also correspond to the original publication in so far as is reasonably possible.
- The translated publication or reproduction shall acknowledge its source and indicate clearly the title, volume and issue numbers, and month of issue of the original publication.
- If the translation or reproduction is to be funded by other sources, the funding partner involved in supporting the original publication shall be credited on the acknowledgments page of the translation or reproduction.
- The logo of the funding partner supporting the translation or reproduction may only appear on advertisements and may not appear in the text or on the cover of the translated publication or reproduction.
- The translated publication or reproduction shall also bear the words: ‘Opinions expressed in articles by contributors do not necessarily represent the view of the International Diabetes Federation.’
- A copy of all translations or reproduced material shall be sent to the Managing Editor before publication. The Managing Editor will give approval for publication after verifying that it is a true translation or reproduction.
- A copy of the final proof shall be sent to the Managing Editor before publication.
- It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to seek copyright permission for artwork appearing in the original publication for which IDF does not hold copyright.
- A copy of the translated publication or reproduction shall be sent to the Managing Editor.