IDF Centres of Education (IDFCE), selected by IDF, form a voluntary network to improve access to interdisciplinary diabetes education for health care professionals and strengthen regional capacity to respond to the diabetes epidemic.
The goals of the IDFCE are to:
- Increase accessibility to high quality interdisciplinary diabetes education for health professionals.
- Increase regional capacity to respond to the diabetes epidemic.
- Build a network that supports centres to advance their education programming and influence system change.
The first round of applications was launched in 2009. Eight institutions were designated as International Diabetes Federation Centres of Education for 2014-2015. They are:
- Assoçiacão Protectora dos Diabéticos de Portugal (APDP), Lisbon, Portugal
- Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialties Centre & Madras Diabetes Research Foundation, Chennai, India
- Asociación Colombiana de Diabetes (ACD), Bogotá, Colombia
- Vivir con Diabetes Education and Information Centre, Cochabamba, Bolivia
- Associação Nacional de Assistência ao Diabético (ANAD) Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Baqai Institute of Diabetology and Endocrinology (BIDE), Karachi, Pakistan
- Diabetes Centre of the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
- Chinese University of Hong Kong - the Prince of Wales Hospital Diabetes and Endocrine Centre, Hong Kong, China
Centres of Education Strategic Planning Meeting, Dubai 2011
A call for applications is not currently open. View the application form to determine if your institution is suitable to apply in future.
For more information about this network, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.