Global Micro-Clinic Project
Royal Health Awareness Society
Location of the project:
August 1, 2008 - November 1, 2012
The project will develop and implement a plan that will serve as a basis for a comprehensive approach for managing and treating diabetes in the country. The successful implementation of Micro-Clinic project will promote wellness, alleviate the economic burden of poor health, and provide a model comprehensive public health approach to the management of diabetes in the Middle East and around the world.
Results to date (November 2014):
- 20th World Diabetes Congress, Montreal (Canada), October 2009
- TED conferences (11 February 2010)
- CGI (17 April 2010)
- The Clinton Global Initiative-U, Miami (USA), 2010
- Diabesity, A World-Wide Challenge, Brussels (Belgium) February 2012
- 5th Annual Global Health Conference, Washington (USA), May 2014
- "Queen highlights importance of healthy lifestyles in adressing diabetes" , The Jordan Times, Thursday August 11, 2011
Project completed in November 2012
BRIDGES (Bringing Research in Diabetes to Global Environments and Systems) is a programme initiated by the International Diabetes Federation , and supported by an educational grant from Lilly Diabetes.