The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 200 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 160 countries and territories. Globally, over 366 million people have diabetes and the disease is increasing everywhere. For over 60 years, IDF has been at the vanguard of global diabetes advocacy and has played a leading role in securing international recognition of the need for action to tackle the diabetes epidemic. The Federation is committed to raising global awareness of diabetes using the latest evidence on the prevalence and costs of the disease, providing education support for people with diabetes and their healthcare providers and encouraging activities aimed at finding a cure for all types of diabetes.
For its Executive Office in Brussels, IDF is looking to hire an experienced Account Manager. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual to be part of a progressive international federation. IDF has 35 full time staff in its Brussels headquarters, a large number of expert volunteers and an expanding network of 7 regional offices.
The Account Manager will work under the supervision of the Head of Income Generation, who reports to the Director of External Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates new partnerships
- Manages key partnerships to ensure professional stewardship, retention and growth
- Is accountable for all activities related to partnership within IDF
- Is in daily contact with the Head of Income Generation, Programme managers and Communication team about substance issues and relationship with corporate partners
- Is in regular contact with IDF stakeholders about relationship with corporate partners
- Is in daily contact with IDF Corporate Partners about stewardship, management of the partnership and issues solving aspect
- Is in regular contact with corporate prospects about potential new income generation
- Is in regular contact with the corporate environment about emerging business opportunities
Essential Skills and Competences
- Master Degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar function
- Excellent knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of standard business software
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Is a problem solver with excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge of negotiation, sales activities
- Respects confidentiality
- Respects deadlines and is able to cope with periods of stress
- Has integrity and high professional ethics
- Knowledge of non-communicable diseases, including diabetes is an asset
- Committed to IDF’s mission and values
- A creative and dynamic environment
- A multicultural team with broad expertise
- An attractive salary package
- A chance to be part of a global movement to reduce premature death, widespread suffering and create a healthier world for future generations
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a CV and motivational letter as well as salary expectations by email to Mrs Annelies Van Herck, HR & Administration Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org , marked ‘Account Manager’ by April 14,2013.