Diabetes Voice is the quarterly magazine of the International Diabetes Federation (IDF ). It covers the latest developments in diabetes care, education, prevention, research, health policy and economics, as well as themes related to living with diabetes. Diabetes Voice goes to the heart of issues that are crucial to all those who can further the promotion of diabetes care, prevention, and a cure worldwide.
In order to provide a deeper understanding of specific topics, experts are invited to share their knowledge and views on these subjects in special issues of the magazine. Recent special issues have focussed on subjects such as healthy eating and diabetes; the diabetic foot; the metabolic syndrome; insulin and diabetes supplies; diabetes in young people; diabetes education; chronic disease management.
As of March 2015, all print publications of Diabetes Voice have been ceased and the magazine has been converted into a responsive digital-only format.
Diabetes Voice is addressed to all those who have an interest in the promotion of health as it relates to their community and the world.
- healthcare providers, including general practitioners, educators, nurses, dietitians, podiatrists, ophthalmologists, pharmacists, etc.
- diabetes associations and organizations
- healthcare decision-makers
- officers and members of IDF
- To provide its target audience with topical and reliable information on developments in diabetes care, education, prevention, research, health policy and economics.
- To report on international, regional and national diabetes programmes and initiatives, and to depict the experience of living with diabetes around the world.
- To inform, educate and stimulate discussion.
- To raise public awareness.
- To provide healthcare decision-makers and opinion leaders with a global frame of reference that they can use within their national contexts.
- To raise the diabetes awareness of public health policy-makers and planners.
- To cater to both the scientific and non-scientific communities, and to provide a bridge between them.