IDF Europe is a member of the EY2012 Coalition - European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations led by AGE Platform Europe .
The EY2012 coalition included more than 50 European organisations who see the European Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity between Generations as an opportunity to address age discrimination and demographic change in a way that is fair and sustainable for all ages.
Througouht the year, innovative solutions to economic and social challenges facing the ageing European population were promoted. Diabetes is one of them, and this is why IDF Europe welcomed the opportunity to be part of EY2012.
EY2012 produced a video that encapsulates the achievements of the European Year 2012 for active ageing and solidarity between generations, which mobilised thousands of people all across the European Union. You can watch the short clip here below.
All the initiatives carried out all over the EU on active ageing and solidarity between generations can be accessed here .
EY 2012 Video
The Federation also strongly encourages its members to widely disseminate all the materials of EY2012 to promote healthy ageing throughout Europe.
Below you will find a list of EY2012 resources:
- europa.eu/ey2012  : EU website for 2012 The Year for Active Ageing and Solidarity Between Generations
- www.healthyageing.eu  : new EU website on active ageing
- EY2012 Concept note 
- EY2012 leaflet  : a tool to raise awareness on the EY2012 and the importance to promote active ageing and solidarity between generations (English , Spanish , Italian )
- EY 2012 Campaign Planning  document, explaining the objectives of the EY2012 campaign
- How to promote active ageing in Europe 
- Manifesto for an age-friendly European Union (English , Spanish , Italian )
- Press release of the EY2012 Coalition, January 2012 (English , French )
- EY2012 Coalition Roadmap (English )