The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 200 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 160 countries and territories. For over 60 years, IDF has been at the vanguard of global diabetes advocacy. The Federation is committed to raising global awareness of diabetes, promoting the exchange of information about the different types of diabetes; give education support for people with diabetes and their healthcare providers, and encouraging activities towards finding a cure for the different types of diabetes.
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) wishes to appoint an outstanding individual to lead work on health economics and related areas within this high achieving global organisation. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to contribute to policy, devise innovative programmes and work closely with IDF’s expert volunteers. The demand for action to tackle diabetes is now high on the international agenda and IDF has entered a new phase with led by a newly elected Board strongly motivated by its mission to help people living with diabetes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Policy and Programmes the post-holder will lead specialists working on specific projects within IDF and support the work of expert groups.
The individual IDF is seeking will be a confident and determined self-starter with strong academic credentials and credibility. Main activities are:
- Providing specialist advice on the economics of diabetes to IDF programmes (reports, economic data)
- Developing health and development programmes and projects, including drafting proposals for funding
- Overseeing and monitoring health programme implementation against agreed objectives
- Analysing health policy and drafts health policy and research papers
- Networking with key advocacy and partner organizations on programme design and delivery and maintaining contact with academic specialists in the field
- Contributing to the development of the evidence base that supports IDF campaign and policy messages, focusing on costs, the social and economic impact of diabetes and the cost-effectiveness of interventions
- Supporting IDF Task Forces and expert groups as appropriate
- Presenting IDF policy statements and key findings on diabetes economics at international meetings and writing policy papers and academic articles in the appropriate field.
- Knowledge level at Masters in economics with at least 7 years post-qualification experience of health economics and programme development in an international context
- Good working knowledge of health and development issues including the global significance of diabetes
- Highly-developed skills in the analysis and presentation of economic data, including written reports, papers and oral presentations
- High level communication skills and a track record of working in a consultancy role in an international environment
- Proven leadership and team working skills
- A proven track record in managing projects
- Excellent oral and written knowledge of English
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a CV and motivational letter by email to Ms Evelyne Haubruge, HR Resources & Office Manager, email@example.com , marked “Health Economist”.