The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 200 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 160 countries and territories. It is committed to raising global awareness of diabetes, providing education support for people with diabetes and their healthcare providers and encouraging activities that support work to find a cure for the different types of diabetes.
- Applicants must be at least undergraduate students who require an internship for their course or have achieved a first degree
- EU nationality and/or right to live and work in Belgium without a work permit
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Fast word-processing skills and good command of Microsoft Office
- Proactive, flexible, good communicator
- Excellent organisational and team working skills
The following internship opportunity is available as of August 2013.
Communications intern - Young Leaders in Diabetes Programme
The Young Leaders in Diabetes Programme (YLD) is a significant initiative aiming to enhance the lives of young people living with diabetes. The Young Leaders are committed to raising awareness of diabetes by being a powerful voice for prevention, education, access to quality care, improved quality of life, and the end of discrimination worldwide. Currently there are 53 Young Leaders acting on diabetes all around the world and communicating with each other through online platforms.
The main responsibilities of the intern will include
- Coordinate the social media pages of the YLD and provide input into social media strategy
- Assist in YLD website updates and postings
- Undertake research on improvement of the YLD internal communication channels
- Manage YLD database of contacts and supporters
- Help to co-ordinate production of YLD newsletter and develop communication planning for YLD
- Assist with production and distribution of YLD communications material for key stakeholders
- Participate in YLD meetings and Policy & Programmes Department meetings
- Provide further assistance as required to the YLD and other related projects/activities; undertake special projects
Special Job Requirements
- Experience in website development and/or text editing is an advantage
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a CV and motivational letter by email to Mrs Evelyne Haubruge, HR Manager email@example.com , clearly indicating the position for which they are applying.