The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust  has supported the IDF Life for a Child Programme through provision of grants since 2011. These significant grants have allowed Life for a Child to work towards a number of key outcomes in improving care for disadvantaged children and youth with diabetes in developing countries. These include:
- Resources so that the programme can continue to expand the number of children and countries being assisted and improve the quality of care for those already supported.
- Work on cost-effectiveness, health system reform, advocacy and sustainability.
- Development of a global diabetes education resource providing online materials to children, families and healthcare professionals in various languages, as well as printing and distribution of specific materials.
- Extensive training of health professionals in partnership with ISPAD and various expert developed country centres.
- Establishment of diabetes registries.
- Research in epidemiology, complications and outcomes.