The International Diabetes Federation provides complimentary access to its World Diabetes Congress and Exhibit Floor to credentialed members of the media, including print, broadcast and online media.
Only journalists holding valid credentials will be admitted:
- Journalist – Reporter – Photographer – Broadcast crew: valid press identity
- Editor: Copy of business card from an established publication containing your editorial title
- Freelance writer: original letter containing a specific assignment from a managing editor
Online writers: copy of business card together with a letter of assignment from the media outlet AND the following criteria:
- The website must provide original, editorial news coverage
- Editorial content must be independent of advertising and sponsorship
- Advertising on the website must be clearly identifiable as such
- Any sponsors of the website should be clearly identified as such and should be multiple in number (ie no single-sponsored websites)
- Personal websites will NOT qualify for media credentials
Representatives of the media must follow the guidelines established by the International Diabetes Federation. Any media representatives violating the guidelines will be asked to leave the World Diabetes Congress and will not be granted press credentials at future meetings.
The press centre of the World Diabetes Congress 2013 (WDC 2013) is located in rooms 102, 103 and 104 on level one of the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC). All media wishing to attend the IDF World Diabetes Congress must read the guidelines and register via the accreditation form.