Barely two months ago, world leaders met in New York for the UN High-Level Summit on the Prevention and Control of NCDs and adopted the first ever Political Declaration on Non-Communicable diseases. Our next challenge is to ensure that promises made by governments are turned into action for people with diabetes and to prevent the spread of the epidemic. As governments have taken ownership of the diabetes problem, much of the action required now needs to take place at the country and regional levels. To that end, the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) has produced an Advocacy Guide to the Political Declaration. It provides:
- An overview of the Political Declaration
- A detailed explanation of what the Political Declaration commitments say and mean
- Guidance on how to use the Political Declaration at national and regional levels
- An overview of what IDF intends to do at the global level
- Useful resources, including a summary of country statements and quotes from the UN Summit.
Although the Guide is now only available in English, we aim to have it translated into the five other official UN languages. Please visit this page regularly for updates.
Download the Advocacy Guide .