Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is a response to redress the limited institutional capacity in India for strengthening training, research and policy development in the area of Public Health. The PHFI is working towards building public health capacity in India by:
(a) Establishing a network of new institutes of public health over the next 6-8 years;
(b) Establishing a strong national research network of public health and allied institutions which would undertake policy and program relevant research that will advance public health goals in prioritized areas with suitable international partnerships where useful and appropriate;
(c) Engaging public health expertise to collectively undertake analytic work for generating policy recommendations related to public health action, in not only the health sector but also in all other sectors which impact upon health of the people, and developing a vigorous advocacy platform to effectively communicate these recommendations to policy makers and other relevant stake holder groups, (including civil society organizations which represent the interests of people’s health); and
(d) Assisting the growth of existing public health training institutions/departments and facilitating their evolution into major institutes of Public Health;
(e) Facilitating the establishment of an independent accreditation body for degrees in public health which are awarded by training institutions across India.
Sir Micheal Hirst ,Global IDF President addressing the session in Endline Evaluation meet of CCEBDM Cycle-3 at Delhi.
Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam, Shri Tarun Gogoi & Prof. K. Srinath Reddy, President of PHFI at CCEBDM Guwahati Batch Convocation
Title of the Course: Certificate Course in Evidence Based Diabetes Management
Programme Duration: 12 months (one year)
Introduction & Objectives of the Course: The Certificate Course in Evidence Based Diabetes Management (CCEBDM) is based on the principles of Evidence Based Medicine. The fundamental objective of CCEBDM is to improve results of treatment for patients by serving as evidence based guidance for clinical decision making in risk assessment, diagnosis, prognosis and management of diabetes. It is also an effort to translate and transfer emerging evidence from clinical research to clinical practice. The course is a joint certification by Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) and Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Specialties Center, Chennai, recognized by International Diabetes Federation as an IDF Center of Education for 2013-2015 and is one of only eight centers recognized by IDF worldwide. The course is delivered by Public Health Foundation of India and it is supported with an educational grant by MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd., India.
This course aims to:
Develop core skills and competencies in primary care physicians for the practice of evidence based diabetes management.
Establish networks between primary care physicians and existing specialized diabetes care centers in India for improving patient outcomes in Diabetes care.
- Module 1 – Introductory Overview of Diabetes Mellitus
- Module 2 – Presentation And Initial Evaluation of Type 2 Diabetes
- Module 3 – Non-Pharmacological Management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Module 4 – Approach to Pharmacotherapy of Type 2 Diabetes :Part 1
- Module 5 – Approach to Pharmacotherapy of Type 2 Diabetes :Part 2
- Module 6 – Acute Complications of Type 2 Diabetes
- Module 7 – Chronic Complications of Type 2 Diabetes: Part 1
- Module 8 – Chronic Complications of Type 2 Diabetes: Part 2
- Module 9 – Other Complications of Type 2 Diabetes
- Module 10 – Special Topics in Care of Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- Module 11 – Other Types of Diabetes mellitus
- Module 12 – Conclusion & Take Home Messages
- 1 Hour Exit-Examination inform of 50 MCQs
- Pre-test and Post-test for every module
- 3 Assignments (to be submitted in form of case studies throughout the program).
Participants attending the CCEBDM session at their respective center
Participants writing an exit-examination at their respective center
Qualification gained on successful completion of the course:
Participant will be awarded with the IDF recognized Certificate stating that they have successfully completed a yearlong course in evidence based diabetes management duly signed by Public Health Foundation of India, Dr. Mohan’s Diabetes Education Academy and their respective Regional Faculty.
For the enrolment in the course: A participant must be MBBS with minimum 3 years of clinical experience.
For obtaining the certificate: Minimum 10 modules are compulsory to be attended out of 12 modules, 3 interim assignments needs to be submitted, an exit examination should be passed with minimum 50 percent marks to obtain a certificate.
Ongoing support to the currently enrolled students:
- We provide free access to the CCEBDM website (www.ccebdm.org ) to the participants
- Regular information is circulated (through e-mails and SMS) by the Secretariat staff to the participants who fall short of attendance or who does not submit their assignments on time and to their respective regional faculty
- The dates of the Examination are communicated to the participants well in advance so that they make prior arrangements for their availability for the Exit –Examination
- Before issuing the certificates to the eligible candidates (who fall under the criteria for obtaining a certificate for the successful completion of the course), a prior cross verification was sought from the respective regional faculty.
Ongoing support to the alumni after the course:
- Circulating the information (through SMS and e-mails) about the various upcoming National and International conferences and conclaves like:
- Providing a full support to the currently enrolled participants and the alumni by providing them a concession in registration fee in all the National & International conferences () exclusively for CCEBDM participants (of all the three Cycles)
- Inviting them for Continued Medical Education (CME’s) conducted by Regional Faculty from time to time (kindly refer to website).
- Online access to the web portal of CCEBDM website which is updated from time to time with latest events in the field of diabetes and the programme.
Address: Public Health Foundation of India
4 Institutional Area
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
Telephone Numbers: Landline: +91 9891090418
Project In-charge: Dr. Sandeep Bhalla
E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org