The International Diabetes Federation offers a recognition programme whereby courses in diabetes education and management offered by institutions are recognized if they meet international standards set by IDF. Recognition is conferred after an external review by members of the Consultative Section on Diabetes Education (DECS) if the course meets the recognition criteria.
The benefits of the Recognition Programme are:
- signifies that a diabetes education programme is supported by a curriculum that meets pre-determined criteria based on the IDF International Curriculum for Diabetes Health Professional Education.;
- provides the public including potential students with reassurance that a programme is based on a standardized curriculum and has undergone a professional external review and;
- permits successful courses to use the recognition logo , which was originally the IDF logo with text identifying the status of recognition (“This course was recognized by the IDF Consultative Section on Diabetes Education”) on promotional and/or educational material for the course. This was replaced in September, 2012 to the logo below (see figure 1).
Institutions providing diabetes care and education
Programmes that are currently recognized by IDF:
- Educación en Diabetes offered by DiabetCentro Institute (Guatemala) 
- Post Graduate Certificate in Diabetes Education offered by Project HOPE (India) 
- Diabetes Educator Graduate Certificate Program offered by Michener Institute (Canada) 
Figure 1: New Logo (Revised September, 2012):
The Recognition Programme is not currently accepting any new applications.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org