The World Diabetes Congress addresses the global diabetes community and attracts a broad audience worldwide. The International Diabetes Federation is the global advocate for people with diabetes and is committed to assisting participants with limited resources by providing a number of travel grants based on specific criteria.
The criteria for offering travel grants include:
- Professional Profile: Young scientists / Diabetes healthcare professionals
- The applicant is under 40 years old at the time of the congress
- The applicant submits an abstract which must be accepted
- The applicant must submit a strong letter of motivation of maximum 1 page clearly demonstrating the benefits / learning experience of attending the congress
- The applicant must submit a one-page curriculum vitae
IDF travel grants cover:
- Free registration to the congress plus complete registration package
- A contribution to your travel expenses (in economy class)
- Up to 4-night budget accommodation
- 1 February 2013 opening online submission
- 22 April 2013 - 17.00h (GMT) deadline online submission
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- An abstract (One abstract per grant application. The grant applicant must be the submitting/presenting author of the abstract.)
- Online application form
- One-page curriculum vitae (CV)
- One-page Cover/Motivation letter
The application form should be completed and submitted online. Applications sent by fax /post will not be accepted. An accompanying CV and a letter of motivation should be uploaded online (along with your online application form) before final submission.
Review and selection procedure
Abstracts and grant applications will be reviewed by both the abstract and grant review committees.
Notification of results
Notice of acceptance or rejection of the grant application will be announced by 05 August, 2013. The decision of the Grant Committee is final and irrevocable.
After the notification of results, successful grantees will be informed on how to proceed with their complimentary registration, travel and hotel arrangements.
Unsuccessful applicants are entitled to the early registration rate until 20 September 2013, 17.00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)