To apply for a grant your abstract  needs to be processed. This can take up to two working days after abstract submission. Once you receive notification that your abstract has been processed and you have received your abstract number, you can submit your application via the grant module in your congress profile.
The World Diabetes Congress addresses the global diabetes community and attracts a broad audience worldwide. The International Diabetes Federation is the global advocate for people with diabetes and is committed to assisting participants with limited resources by providing a number of travel grants based on specific criteria:
• Be no more than 40 years of age at the time of the congress
• Submit an abstract to be accepted by the Programme Committee
• Write a personal letter of motivation of maximum 250 words, clearly demonstrating the benefits and learning experience to be derived from attending the congress
• Submit a one-page curriculum vitae (CV)
Accepted grantees are offered free registration, 4-nights’ accommodation and an economy return flight to Vancouver, Canada.
Online grant submission opens on 2 February and closes on 24 April 2015, 17.00 GMT
IDF travel grants cover
- Free registration to the congress plus complete registration package
- A contribution to your travel expenses (in economy class)
- Up to 4-night budget accommodation
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Online application
- One-page curriculum vitae (CV)
- One-page Cover/Motivation letter
- A copy of your passport
The application form should be completed and submitted online. Applications sent by fax /post will not be accepted. An accompanying CV and a letter of motivation should be uploaded online (along with your online application form) before final submission.
Review and selection procedure
Abstracts and grant applications will be reviewed by both the abstract and grant review committees.
Notification of results
Notice of acceptance or rejection of the grant application will be announced by 03 August, 2015.
After the notification of results, successful grantees will be informed on how to proceed with their complimentary registration, travel and hotel arrangements.
Unsuccessful applicants are entitled to the early registration rate until 18 September 2015, 17.00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)