Who we are
IDF Europe is the European chapter of the International Diabetes Federation (IDF). We are umbrella organization representing 66 diabetes organizations in 47 countries across Europe. We are a diverse and inclusive multicultural network of national diabetes associations, representing both people living with diabetes and healthcare professionals.
Through our activities, we aim to influence policy, increase public awareness and encourage health improvement, promote the exchange of best practice and high-quality information about diabetes throughout the European region.
We provide essential expertise and up-to-date evidence on diabetes, support awareness campaigns through a network of partners and stakeholders, and advocate European and international organizations for proper public policies for diabetes.
Mission, vision and values
IDF Europe’s mission is to advance diabetes care, prevention and a cure worldwide.
Our strategic goals are:
- Drive change at national and European level to prevent diabetes
- Develop and encourage best practice in diabetes policy, management and education
- Promote diabetes treatment, prevention and cure through scientific research
- Promote and protect the rights of people living with diabetes, ensure equal access to medication and combat discrimination in Europe
- Support the development of national diabetes associations across Europe and encourage their activities
Our vision is to live in a world without diabetes.
Our values include: honesty, compassion, integrity, solidarity, creativity, cultural sensitivity, collaboration, independence, boldness and humility.
Find out more