Diabetes Education and Prevention is the World Diabetes Day theme for the period 2009-2013. The campaign calls on all those responsible for diabetes care to understand diabetes and take control.
- For people with diabetes, this is a message about empowerment through education.
- For governments, it is a call to implement effective strategies and policies for the prevention and management of diabetes to safeguard the health of their citizens with and at risk of diabetes.
- For healthcare professionals, it is a call to improve knowledge so that evidence-based recommendations are put into practice.
- For the general public, it is a call to understand the serious impact of diabetes and know, where possible, how to avoid or delay diabetes and its complications.
Following these overall objectives, IDF and IDF Europe have developped campaign messages focusing on diabetes education and prevention to as part of their World Diabetes Day campaigns:
- Steps to Healthy Living - WDD 2014 campaign
- Ingredients for a Healthy Lifestyle - WDD 2013 campaign
- Healthy Eating, Healthy Living - WDD 2012 campaign
- Act on Diabetes. Now. - WDD 2011 campaign
- Let's take control on Diabetes now! - WDD 2010 campaign
If you would like to have more information on IDF Europe previous campaigning activities for World Diabetes Day, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IDF also supports all its member associations worldwide on World Diabetes Day. Click here to discover IDF World Diabetes Day campaign initiatives worldwide.