WDD 2016 Toolkit
The World Diabetes Day 2016 toolkit contains all you need to know about the Eyes on Diabetes campaign, including key messages, resources and ideas on how you can take part.
Available in interactive and static pdf versions, the toolkit can be viewed and downloaded in English, French and Spanish by clicking on the images and links below.
The World Diabetes Day logo is the blue circle – the global symbol for diabetes. The logo is available in over 60 languages. IDF welcomes the widespread use of the WDD logo in order to raise awareness of diabetes. Download the logo here.
Blue circle pins
Blue circle pins are available for use in World Diabetes Day awareness
Blue circle pins can be purchased from the
IDF online shop.
live in low- and
USD 670 billion
The IDF Diabetes Atlas, Seventh Edition 2015 provides the latest figures,
information and projections on the current and future magnitude of the diabetes
- Approximately 415 million adults have diabetes; by 2040 this will rise to 642 million
- The proportion of people with type 2 diabetes is increasing in most countries
- 75% of adults with diabetes live in low- and middle-income countries
- The greatest number of people with diabetes are between 40 and 59 years of age
- 1 in 2 (46%) people with diabetes are undiagnosed
- Diabetes caused 5 million deaths in 2015; every six seconds a person dies from diabetes
- Diabetes caused at least USD 673 billion dollars in health expenditure in 2015 –12% of total spending on adults
- More than 542,000 children live with type 1 diabetes in 2015
- More than 20.9 million live births were affected by diabetes during pregnancy in 2015 – 1 in 7 births