You can support World Diabetes Day by:
- Joining the Blue Monument Challenge by lighting iconic monuments and buildings in your country in blue.
- Organising a physical activity event: walk, cycle ride, aerobic workout, hula hooping, flash mob or dancing.
- Forming a human blue circle: a simple activity with a great visual impact that can be organized as an individual activity or as part of a bigger event.
- Wearing blue throughout November and asking your friends, family, and colleagues to join you.
- Sharing our online resources: promote the Blue Circle Test and Glycaemic Index Wheel by including links to or embedding them on your websites or webpages.
- Promoting the campaign on your website, blog or forum by creating a WDD section with information about local events and other campaign information.
- Promoting the campaign among your Facebook and Twitter friends.
- Promoting the blue circle - the global symbol for diabetes - and/or integrating the colour blue into your local diabetes and WDD promotional materials, activities, and communications.
- Identifying local heroes that are active in promoting the diabetes cause to provide inspiration and a positive role model for people with diabetes around the world.