IDF has the following Membership categories:
1. Full Members
A Full Member is a non-governmental, not-for-profit association that is actively concerned with diabetes and related conditions in its country, and is registered or established under its national law.
2. Provisional Members
The IDF Board admits an association as a Provisional Member before it may be admitted as a Full Member by the IDF General Assembly, which is held every two years.
3. Transnational Members
A Transnational Member is a non-governmental, not-for-profit association that is actively concerned with diabetes and related conditions in more than one country.
All Members are required to pay an annual membership fee.
- World Diabetes Day (WDD) campaign updates
- World Diabetes Congress (WDC) newsletter (monthly)
- Diabetes Voice online magazine (quarterly)
- Advocacy updates
- Regular information on all IDF activities
Promotion & campaigning
- Dedicated page for your organisation on the IDF website
- Promotion of your activities and events on the IDF website and D-NET
- Access to various campaign toolkits (eg, World Diabetes Day)
- Promotion of your activities and events in regional newsletters
- Right to use the IDF Member trademark
- Access to complementary amount of Blue Circle pins for use in awareness activities
World Diabetes Congress (WDC)
- Representation in the WDC Global Village
- Right to appoint one delegate to attend the IDF General Assembly
- Right to exercise the vote of a Member at the IDF General Assembly
- Right to appoint one delegate to attend the IDF Regional Council
- Right to exercise the vote of a Member at the IDF Regional Council