IDF side event to the 71st World Health Assembly (May 2018)
On the occasion of the 71st World Health Assembly, IDF will hold a multi-stakeholder panel discussion “Nutrition education and IDF action on junk food and serving sizes to tackle obesity and prevent diabetes among children, women and all those at risk” in Geneva on May 22 from 18:00-20:00.
During the event, nutrition experts, government representatives and people living with diabetes will discuss how quality nutrition education can be part of the solution to overcome the global health challenges posed by diabetes and obesity.
The event will also provide the opportunity to showcase recent developments in the Kids & Diabetes in Schools (KiDS) initiative, a project that aims to foster a safe and supportive environment in schools for children with diabetes, and encourage the adoption of good healthy habits from an early age.
Speakers and panellists will include:
- Prof. Nam H. Cho, IDF President
- Dr Francesco Branca, WHO Director of Nutrition for Health and Development
- Dr Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director of the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Ms Taru Koivisto, Director of Wellbeing and Services of the Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- Dr Tatjana Milenkovic, President, Macedonian Diabetes Association
- Ms Paula Chinchilla, nutritionist, Mentor of the Young Leaders in Diabetes Programme and member of the Blue Circle Voices (Costa Rica)