IDF education initiatives aim to support the development of health professionals so they are equipped to deliver high quality care to people with diabetes and those at risk of developing the disease.
Best of IDF is a new initiative that aims to promote and facilitate sharing of the latest evidence-based knowledge in diabetes care and management through face-to-face trainings and short courses (one or two-day events) in collaboration with a local organiser (academic institute, diabetes clinic, or industry partner) and an international faculty nominated by IDF.
Roles and responsibilities
- Endorsement of the event
- Allocation of funds to support organization of event
- Curriculum review, monitoring and evaluation
- Nomination of international faculty
- Review and approval of local faculty and speakers identified by local organiser
- Award of IDF Certificate of Attendance to all participants
- Support IDF with a dedicated fee
Local Organiser (academic institute or industry partner)
- Support planning, implementation and evaluation of the event
- Identification and invitation of local faculty, speakers and participants
- Management of logistics of the event
- Request for proposal sent by local organiser to IDF at least 16 weeks prior to the proposed start date of event
- Agreement and signature of MoU between IDF and local organiser
- Review of agenda and nomination of international faculty by IDF
- Review and approval of local faculty by IDF
- Local organiser provides event content for review by IDF
- Local organiser arranges logistics and invites participants
- IDF provides Certificate of Attendance template to local organiser
Recent Best of IDF Events
IDF Gulf Best of IDF Training Series
Since 2016, IDF has partnered with Servier Gulf office in the development of educational programs on different topics. In 2017, a series of workshops was organized. Over two rounds, the Training Series engaged over 600 physicians from six different cities in the Gulf region (Dubai, Kuwait, Manama, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Muscat).
IDF Saudi Arabia Workshop
Istanbul, Turkey – 2 March, 2018.
In partnership with Servier Saudi Arabia
- Diabetes Global Burden with special focus on the data from the IDF Diabetes Atlas 8th Edition
- Updates on the most recent evidence-based guidelines and algorithms for diabetes management