An International Diabetes Federation Centre of Education is a diabetes institution/member organization designated by IDF to form part of an international collaborative voluntary network to initiate, coordinate, facilitate and conduct high quality education for multidisciplinary healthcare professionals in diabetes and other related chronic diseases.
To be eligible to become an IDF Diabetes Education Centre, the institution/member organization must provide evidence of the following criteria:
- Willingness to play a key role in the vision and contribute to the implementation of the IDF Global Education Strategic Plan
- Written commitment of leadership to support the IDF School of Diabetes, D-NET, Best of IDF, IDF School Fellow programme and related education initiatives.
- Commitment to work closely with and act as a reference point for the IDF Education Team and/or the IDF Policy and Programme Department.
- Willingness to accept and support review and assessment processes by IDF.
- Willingness to abide by IDF values and beliefs.
Applicant institutions/member organizations must have:
- Established training programmes and proven experience in conducting health professional education programmes at basic and advanced levels and/or people living with diabetes, in either diabetes or other related chronic diseases.
- Existing linkages with local diabetes association(s).
- Any other existing linkages with international organizations.
- Proven commitment to the philosophy of a multidisciplinary team. The institution must be staffed by an integrated multidisciplinary team and have established groups that plan the multidisciplinary training.
- Adequate in-house or outsourced physical space and resources to conduct education programmes that also allow for an interactive workshop format .
An annual fee of USD 500 will be charged for each selected Centre of Education.
All selected centres will be published on the IDF website with a dedicated web link.
The application process for IDF Centres of Education is currently closed.
- Submit Online Application
- IDF Pre-approval
- Signing of MoU
- Induction Call with IDF Global Office