Results to date (November 2012):
- 20 Preventionists have been recruited and trained to do screenings test and implement the project
- 9.550 diabetes risk questionnaire were collected
- 2.552 people screened for IGT and IFG by oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT), weight, height, blood pressure, and brief information on medical history and physical activity
- 130 participants divided in 8 groups took part in the nine education sessions (attendance rate: 82%)
- The percentage of participants achieving 150 minutes or more of moderate physical activity was 88.7% six months after the interventions.
- After six months 20.8% (22/106) participants achieved a weight loss of 5% or above
- Effects of group education sessions on lifestyle modification in diabetes prevention in people with prediabetes in Bac Ninh City, Journal of Practial Medicine, September 2015