The Blue Circle Voices (BCV) is a network open to all people with diabetes or relatives/carers of people with diabetes, that are passionate about improving the lives of people with diabetes, have experience as volunteers and/or advocates and share IDF values. Individuals wishing to become part of the BCV must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have diabetes (type 1, type 2 or a less common type), or have a child, close relative or loved one with diabetes, or have a history of gestational diabetes;
- Share IDF’s mission to promote access to diabetes care, to fight discrimination against people with diabetes and to promote prevention of type 2 diabetes;
- Be willing to complete an application form that provides details of their personal history with diabetes, including age, date of diagnosis, medications and comorbidities;
- Are able and willing to communicate by email in written English, French or Spanish;
- Are committed to respond to email consultations within five working days;
- Can prove their experience of campaigning for diabetes causes in their own country;
- Are willing for their story to be featured on the IDF website:
- Are committed to promote IDF activities at national or global level.
You can find more information about the network and its objectives here.