A national or international association that is addressing issues relating to diabetes and associated conditions may apply for membership of IDF.
IDF has two Membership categories:
A Full Member is a non-governmental, not-for-profit association that is actively concerned with diabetes and related conditions in its country, and is registered or established under its national law.
A Transnational Member is a non-governmental, not-for-profit association that is actively concerned with diabetes and related conditions in more than one country.
All applicants must fulfill certain criteria. Organisations applying for membership must meet the following criteria:
- Be actively involved in diabetes care and prevention;
- Be a not-for-profit organisation
- Be legally registered within a jurisdiction
- Organisations must have been legally registered for a minimum period of operation of 5 years (produce a valid Registration Certificate)
- Organisations must have Articles of Association (or equivalent)
- Organisations must have a physical address
- Have a Board/Governing body
- Provide an annual report
- Prove financial capacity (solvent and capable of paying applicable membership fee)
- Have a minimum of 60 individual members
- Have a funding base that is ethically appropriate and aligned with IDF's business and industry guidelines
For more information about membership opportunities and to receive all the necessary documentation, please complete the online form on this page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.