Internship – IDF Europe
IDF Europe is an inclusive and multicultural umbrella organization of 71 national diabetes associations in 46 countries across the European region, representing people living with diabetes and healthcare professionals. Through our activities we aim to influence policy, increase public awareness and encourage health improvement, as well as promote the exchange of best practice and high-quality information about diabetes throughout the European region. We provide essential expertise and up-to-date evidence on diabetes, support awareness campaigns through a wide network of partners and stakeholders, and work with European and international organizations towards the development, implementation and monitoring of effective public policies for diabetes.
The selected person will be based in the IDF Europe Regional Office in Brussels, Belgium and will report directly to the Regional Manager of IDF Europe.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Contribute to our communications outreach and online presence
• Represent IDF Europe at events and conferences
• Participate in IDF Europe staff and team meetings
• Monitor and prepare briefings on relevant EU policy developments
• Complete any ad hoc assignments
Profile and Experience:
• Applicants must be a graduate/ undergraduate student who requires an internship as part of completion for their course or a first internship experience;
• With EU nationality or right to work in Belgium without a work permit;
• An interest in health issues; knowledge in diabetes or related clinical field is an asset
• Strong verbal and written skills in English; fluency in other languages (e.g. French, Russian) is an asset;
• Excellent organisational and team working skills;
• Past experiences with communication and social media channels (knowledge in CMS is a plus)
• Sound knowledge of EU decision making process; experiences with the European institutions is an asset;
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and fast-paced setting;
• Computer literacy in standard office applications.
• A creative and dynamic environment
• A multicultural team with broad expertise
• A six-month paid internship in the between February and June 2018 (exact timing can be discussed) in a dynamic environment
Interested and qualified candidates should send a curriculum vitae and a cover letter outlining their motivation and candidacy to the position (2 pages maximum) to Ms Stella de Sabata, Regional Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by CET 5PM 10 February 2018.
Interviews (face to face or via skype) are scheduled to take place in the week of 13 February 2018. Please kindly indicate in your availability in that week in the cover letter.
The selected candidate is expected to start as soon as possible.
Although only short-listed candidates will be contacted, we thank all applicants for their interest.