Azerbaijan Diabetes Society
- Address :
- 22 Karabag Str. Business Center, Fl.3
- Email :
- Website :
- Facebook :
- Founded in :
- Member of IDF since :
- Number of members :
Azerbaijan Diabetes Society was established in 1995 during the hard transitional period when the situation with diabetes in the country was critical.
Main Goals and objectives
- Protection of rights of people with diabetes;
- Improvement of quality of life of pwd;
- Harmonisation of state diabetes care with international standards
- Public awareness around diabetes issues;
- To generate initiatives on public monitoring of the implementation of national diabetes plans, international commitments;
- To provide social protection, medical, legal, psychological assistance
- To improve diabetes management and prevention through diabetes education
- To act as advocates of human rights of people with diabetes
ADS in cooperation with the Public Health and Reforms Centre of the MoH has implemented the WDF project “Establishment of Diabetes Schools in Azerbaijan” Seven schools have been created which are well equipped . In the project frame medical doctors and nurses have been trained, training materials worked out and published .
For World Diabetes Day, the association will organize the lighting of iconic buildings, conferences with the UN agencies and press conferences.
Message from the President
Dr Mominat Omarova "As a member of IDF ADS has pursued the policy of improving the quality of lives of people with diabetes, diabetes care, treatment and management through compliance with the vision and strategy of IDF. Having Initiated the adoption of Law on Diabetes followed by the NDP, ADS went on with its activities and managed to achieve the increase of health expenditure on diabetes, accepting diabetes as a priority by the MoH.
IDF is a big family of member associations. Only combining our efforts we can achieve success and manage to change the situation. People with diabetes must be seen as full members of society. " Back to members