GEORGIAN UNION OF DIABETES AND ENDOCRINE ASSOCIATIONS
- Address :
- National Center for Diabetes Research
1 Chachava Street
- Telephone number :
- Email :
- Founded in :
- Member of IDF since :
- Number of members :
Georgian Union of Diabetes and Endocrine Associations (previously Georgian Diabetes Federation) is a governmental, non-commercial, non-profit mixed – type organization that unites healthcare professionals, people with diabetes, their carers and lay persons.
Its vision: All people with diabetes in Georgia should receive insulins and other anti diabetic drugs, means for home blood glucose monitoring, education, cure and care.
Its mission: to defend the rights of all people with diabetes in Georgia, to provide high quality diabetes care and education.
Today GUDEAS represents interests of 6950 of its members - people with diabetes, physicians, nurses and lay persons. Active work in the field of diabetes was initiated in 1988. The Union was founded in 1990, the founders were physicians, people with diabetes and a nurse. In 1991 it was officially registered. It was established on the basis of the Georgian Diabetes Center (now – National Center for Diabetes Research/NCDR). The Union was the first Diabetes Association on the whole territory of the former USSR that became IDF Member in 1992 during the Perestroika. Today there are already 12 Memberss form the Eastern Europe.
- To unite people - health care professionals, people with diabetes, industry, decision makers
- To improve the quality of life of those living with diabetes in Georgia
- To improve the quality of diabetes care
- To provide free essential treatments and tests to all people with diabetes
- To provide education for people with diabetes
- To train and re-train HCPs in diabetes
- To increase public awareness on diabetes
- To create diabetes platform to fight diabetes and other chronic diseases
The Association is organising many events all year long, such as:
- Education of people with diabetes and HCPs
- Fighting discrimination of people with diabetes;
- Treatment safety (provision of safe drugs);
- WDD activities every year
- Support of people with diabetes and thyroid pathologies from the needy groups of society
- Cooperation with other NGOs and Associations working in the other NCDs:
- Increasing public awareness
Publications & Newsletters
Since 2003 the Union is publishing a diabetes magazine “Diabetes and Health” (the target audience - people with diabetes, healthcare professionals and general public), the only magazine of such type published in Georgia , the magazine is the member of the International Committee of Diabetes Magazines (ICDM).
Message from the President
Prof. Ramaz Kurashvili "To be a member of IDF gives unique opportunity to exchange skills, knowledge and idea, to get information. When united we are great power that can fight ignorance and burocracy - our mutual animies".
Back to members