Upper Egypt Diabetes Association
- Address :
- El Bahr St, Salama Abdullah Bldg 1st fl.
- Telephone number :
- Email :
- Website :
- Facebook :
- Founded in :
- Member of IDF since :
- Number of members :
Upper Egypt Diabetes Association (UEDA) was created in 2006 to improve diabetes care and advocacy initially in Upper Egypt and remotely in the whole Egyptian nation.
- Diabetes Education
- Diabetes Prevention
- Children with diabetes
Diabetes education :
UEDA professional board organized 10 educational sessions for patients all over the Upper Egypt governorates: Fayoum, Bani Swif, Minia, Assuit, Sohag, Luxor and Aswan.
World Diabetes Day:
- Awareness Campaigns and Educational sessions for patients and blood sugar measurement
- Workshop for Training members on Diabetes awareness
- Local Campaign on the streets, in schools, universities, clubs
- Clinical Trial to evaluate prevention program : This is a collaborative program with the German side (Dresden university) using the Image Module. It started in Minia & Sohag governorates, but now is to be implemented in other Egypt governorates under the auspices of UEDA.
- Diabetes Dyslipedemia screening project.
- National Diabetes registry.
Message from the President
Professor Adel Abdel-Aziz El-Sayed "Our mission is to promote diabetes care, prevention and a cure in our country. Joining the IDF will help us not only to reach our local goals ,but also to participate globally to achieve this mission."
Back to members