Lebanese Diabetes Association
- Address :
- Makassed Center - 4th floor
Mar Elias street
- Email :
- Founded in :
- Member of IDF since :
- Number of members :
Lebanese Diabetes Society (LDS ) was established on 1981, It is a non-profit organisation affiliated to the International Diabetes Federation since 2000, dedicated to the prevention of and better care for people with diabetes. LDS is managed by Board of Trustees comprising representatives from the Lebanese Physicians and Lebanese community Elected and Founding members.
- To inform and update the GP’s on the latest Medical Diabetes Guidelines
- To motivate the GPs to follow the guidelines in treating patients with diabetes
- To enhance the multidisciplinary approach in the follow up of the patients with diabetes
- To decrease the acute and long term complications of patients with diabetes and keep diabetes under control
LDS is increasing the efforts in order to achieve all her goals and help in benefiting diabetic patients in Lebanon through increasing their awareness and contributing in providing the best care possible.
During the last year the LDS has performed a series of activities of which:
- A sequence of awareness campaigns focusing on school students. These lectures were given in 10 schools already in different Lebanese regions and 40 more lectures will take place before the end of the year 2012
- The LDS contributed in the updating of the diabetes guidelines. These guidelines were distributed in workshops of 100 physicians each. General practitioners, family doctors and internists attended the workshops that have been made in 12 different Lebanese regions already ( Beirut RHH ,Saida (GH)/ Beka’a(DarEl AMAL/ Tripoli (GH)/ Nabatieh(GH)/ Sibline(GH)/ Marjeoun(GH)/ Batroun/ Hasbaya/ Halba(GH) Kalmoun AlSaha,
- Ten workshops were performed targeting nurses. These workshops took place in Saida(2), Beirut(2), Marjeoun, Nabatiyheh Tripoli(2), Kalmoun Sarafand.
Publications & Newsletters
The LDS printed in collaboration with Dar Al Fatwa and Majles El Chii a booklet on diabetes and Ramadan, these booklets were distributed to diabetic patients and all types of care givers in different Lebanese areas
Message from the President
Dr Mohammad Sandid "World Diabetes Day with its chosen theme for this year “Take a step for Diabetes" - the attention of decision makers in the health and social policy arenas to this enormous threat. Back to members
Diabetes is one of the leading causes of blindness in the world although vision loss can be prevented if people have access to information and treatment. Action has to be taken now in order to facilitate this access and prevent or delay diabetes complications".