QATAR DIABETES ASSOCIATION
- Address :
- Al Rawabi street
Al Mutaza, Doha
- Telephone number :
- Email :
- Website :
- Facebook :
- Twitter :
- Founded in :
- Member of IDF since :
- Number of members :
The Qatar Diabetes Association (QDA) is a member of Qatar Foundation (QF) and with support from H.H. Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al-Thani, Emir of the State of Qatar and under the auspices of H.H. Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser the Chairperson of QF, QDA provides useful and up to date information, health education and diet and various programs throughout the year to various segments of society, that will help patients understand the reality of diabetes, ways of living with it and abidance with proper care.
Qatar Diabetes Association aims to establish and promote awareness of diabetes and its prevention throughout the population. The QDA mission is to help the people with diabetes and those who are at risk by providing innovative patient care, diabetes education and related services with the hope of improving the overall quality of life for those who are affected.
The Qatar Diabetes Association provides education, training and support for the patient with diabetes or is at risk of getting it, and in particular
- Diabetes and dietetic education and support
- Foot clinic
- Retinal camera
- Healthy Kitchen
- Insulin pump support and education
- Male and female Gym for QDA members
- QDA works with the patients, their families and their schools or work place in order to make their surroundings diabetes safe, healthy and supportive.
- QDA also works with their health care professional to improve and update their knowledge which will in turn help improve the patients’ care management plan.
Activity report January - April 2017 Back to members