Vivir con Diabetes
- Address :
- Avda. Simón López, 375 entre J. García y Washington
- Telephone number :
- Email :
- Website :
- Founded in :
- Member of IDF since :
- Number of members :
The Vivir con Diabetes Comprehensive Care Center is a non-profit institution, established in the city of Cochabamba in 2000. It has a recognized legal status with the objective of improving the quality of life of people with diabetes.
By determination of October 22, 2001, the Government of the City of Cochabamba through Resolution Nº 362/OI recognized the legal entity of the Non-Governmental Organization called “Vivir con Diabetes” Center, with registered office in the city of Cochabamba, approving its statutes in the 37 Articles and Rules with 45 Articles.
- To form a multi-disciplinary team to provide their expertise and knowledge with everyone involved in diabetes, starting with people with diabetes and their families.
- To make available medication and self-control supplies to people with diabetes, scientific information and that this gets to health personnel at all levels.
- To design and publish educational and information materials for people with diabetes and the general population
- To design and implement educational programs on various topics related to health and especially in the field of chronic non-communicable diseases.
- To plan and implement education programs for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- To design and implement screening campaigns, information and guidance on diabetes for the general population
Main activities organized for World Diabetes Day 2013:
- 1st WDD Run in Cochabamba
- Symposium on Diabetes Nutrition
- Annual Diabetes Fair
Message from the President
Dr Elizabeth Duarte de Muñoz "Our diabetes centre Vivir con Diabetes is a nonprofit institution dedicated entirely to providing comprehensive care for people living with diabetes in Bolivia. In 2006 we became a member of the International Diabetes Federation, and since then, we have worked with enthusiasm and dedication following IDF guidance.
In 2009 after the approval of an evaluation committee, we became an IDF Diabetes Education Center and recently in 2013 we were reconfirmed. We also take part in all important IDF activities following IDF guidelines on special dates such as World Diabetes Day.
We have a multidisciplinary team of Comprehensive Care in Diabetes, doing clinical work, prevention, early diagnosis and supporting people with diabetes with no economic resources. We offer diabetes education for people with diabetes and health professionals.
It is an honour to be part of the International Diabetes Federation and we work to make IDF proud."
Back to members