Sociedad Cubana de Diabetes
- Address :
- Apartado 6275
Zona Postal 6
- Telephone number :
- Email :
- Founded in :
- Number of members :
Sociedad Cubana de Diabetes was created in 1970 by Professor Oscar Mateo de Acosta, who was the founder of the National Institute of Endocrinology. It is a subsidiary of the Cuban Society of Endocrinology. It was set up to differentiate it from the main organization and with some degree of independence. It is a society of health professionals dedicated to diabetes, not laymen.
- Organization and promotion of key national and international diabetes events
- Creation, support and promotion of diabetes programmes: National Diabetes Programmes, Gestational Diabetes Programme, diabetes screenings, integral care for children and adolescents with diabetes, national registry for children and adolescents with diabetes, among others
- Encourage the introduction of new treatments and equipment.
In 2014 the Cuban Society of Diabetes held a large number of scientific and educational activities, including activities targeted to the general public. These activities included:
- Training activities for health care providers.
- Summer workshops on diabetes aimed at general practitioners, nurses and health technicians.
In relation to World Diabetes Day, a central activity was organized at the National Institute of Hygiene, Epidemiology and Microbiology under the slogan ''Healthy Living and Diabetes”. Other activities included: Healthy tea, conferences, counseling, media interviews, screenings and activities aimed at specific groups such as the elderly and parents and children.
In addition, in 2014 number of meeting aimed at the young where organized under the slogan "Sweeten my life, not my body.''
Back to members