Fundación de Diabetes Juvenil del Ecuador
- Address :
- Isla Sta Fe
N43-65 y Av. Tomás de Berlanga
- Telephone number :
- Email :
- Website :
- Facebook :
- Twitter :
- Founded in :
- Member of IDF since :
- Number of members :
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation of Ecuador was established in 2003.
To contribute to improve the quality of life of the community living with type 1 diabetes, to promote education for patients and their surroundings, to visualize their needs and to advocate for the respect of their rights.
To be a technical and humanitarian organizatión, the referent of type 1 diabetes education in Ecuador; an organization where people, public and private institutions can come to receive training, or support the cause of the community with type 1 diabetes.
- To educate people with diabetes and their families in diabetes management.
- To improve and facilitate the access to medical attention and supplies.
- To promote a positive attitude in people with diabetes, their families and surroundings
- To investigate about the situation of people living with T1DM in Ecuador.
- To influence in the adoption of public policy in favor of people with type 1 diabetes.
- Newly Diagnosed families
- Carb counting for people with diabetes, families and health professionals
- Updates in Type 1 Diabetes for people with diabetes and families
- Nutrition (for Schools)
- Summer camp “Campo Amigo Ecuador”
- Family Workshops
- Sponsorship program
- Youth Leaders School
Publications & Newsletters
FDJE’s Informative Bulletin is a communication tool published every 2 months. It focuses on the main activities developed in that period of time. It is sent to national and international organizations that work in diabetes, the diabetes community in Ecuador and their sponsors.
Message from the President
Mrs Lucia Mantilla “Being members of the International Diabetes Federation is an important factor for the job that we are doing transcends more in our country. The work of the IDF, the vast experience of its members and the international reputation of the organizations strengthens the labor that we perform locally to improve the quality of life of the people living with type 1 diabetes in Ecuador. Back to members
We are motivated by the idea of contributing with the objectives that the IDF pursues in favor of reaching prevention, treatment and cure of diabetes. We are convinced that the increment of people with diabetes worldwide requires actions, policies and coordinated strategies that let us face the pandemic from the local, regional and global perspectives.
It´s easier if we walk together!”