Cambodian Diabetes Association
- Address :
- 4, Street 55
Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh
- Telephone number :
- Email :
- Website :
- Facebook :
- Founded in :
- Member of IDF since :
- Number of members :
The Cambodian Diabetes Association (CDA) was founded in 2000 and in 2004, the first epidemiological studies were carried out in Cambodia to investigate the prevalence of diabetes.
A new branch of CDA was opened in Siem Reap in June, 2010. This centre is for the prevention, treatment and control of diabetes and associated complications.The vision for the centre is wide reaching with the aim to promote well-being of individuals both in mind and body.
- Early diagnosis of individuals living with diabetes
- Providing complete care and medication
- Screening of communities to identify adults living with type 2 diabetes as well as those with hypertension.
- Raising awareness of diabetes through activities such as World Diabetes Day and a primary school health and garden project.
- Training health professionals in diabetes awareness.
- Encouraging research into diabetes.
- Identifying individuals living with type 1 diabetes
- Establishing peer-to-peer support groups which will enable people with diabetes to better self-manage their condition
Learn more here about activities organised by the Association for World Diabetes Day.
In 2012, CDA SRB screened more than 14,000 individuals in Siem Reap Province – mainly in rural areas.
Mobile clinics visit key rural areas to provide follow-up counseling and provision of medications to individuals diagnosed with diabetes or hypertension.
To-date education programmes have been delivered to more than 1,500 students as well as numerous NGO and community groups. Their first inter high school quiz on diabetes and other NCD was held in June in Siem Reap. The quiz is available online in Khmer and English on their website: www.cdasiemreap.org
Message from the President
Mr Lim Keuky "The admission of CDA as fully-fleged IDF member allowed CDA to contact all regional NGOs, International Organisations, news media, to participate at IDF World Congresses, be in contact with all associations' members in the IDF/WHO regions, and through Global Village to get to know and exchange views with IDF members.
It is also permitting, with CDA admission to IDF/WP regional members, in particular with AASD founding, to send CDA members to regional fora, congresses, to fund-raising in favour of the disadvantaged and vulnerable patients and rehabilitation of complications victims". Back to members