Diabetes New Zealand
- Address :
- 15 Murphy street, Level 7
POB 12441, Thorndon
- Telephone number :
- Email :
- Website :
- Founded in :
- Member of IDF since :
- Number of members :
Established in 1962, Diabetes New Zealand is a non-government non-profit organisation that represents and supports people affected by diabetes. Diabetes New Zealand has a National Office (based in Wellington) and 22 Branches across the country. Branches provide local support and information for people affected by diabetes.
- Provide local support for people affected by diabetes
- Act as an advocate for people affected by diabetes
- Raise awareness of diabetes, especially interventions that will prevent Type 2 diabetes or reduce diabetes complications
- Educate and inform people about diabetes, its treatment, management and control
- Support research into the treatment, prevention and cure of diabetes
Their priorities for action include:
- Providing support locally through our branches (including one-on-one or group peer support, information and education sessions, local events and supermarket tours which teach skills for reading food labels and making healthy food choices).
- Building an online engagement platform - an innovative online resource that will provide online peer support for people with diabetes, and training for people who work with and/or support people with diabetes.
- A long-term multi-media diabetes awareness and advocacy campaign
- Diabetes Awareness Week (which includes WDD) – plans for our 2013 campaign can be found on our website
Publications & Newsletters
Diabetes New Zealand publishes Diabetes, a professionally produced quarterly magazine which is distributed to approximately 17,500 people, including members of Diabetes New Zealand and health professionals.
Back to members