- Organize a WDD activity around the "Eyes on Diabetes" theme to raise awareness of the importance of early detection
- Organize a diabetes fair offering screenings and information on how to prevent type 2 diabetes and diabetes complications
- Organize a diabetes screening at National Parliaments or City Halls to raise awareness among your national or local authorities
- Request local authorities to declare November 14 a "day of interest"
- Run a media campaign: publish a press release, publish a video on the company's website using IDF messages
- Promote diabetes prevention at work with an activity or via internal communications on how to prevent type 2 diabetes and stay healthy
- Light a monument or building in blue and share your picture on the WDD website
- Organize a 'Learn about how to keep healthy' event in schools
- Wear blue and the blue circle pin
- Form a human blue circle and have a photo taken
- Print infographics and spread them around
- Take a blue circle selfie and/or organize an selfie competition
- Organize a flashmob
- Twitter: twitter.com/WDD - Tweet with #WDD!
- Facebook: facebook.com/worlddiabetesday
- Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/InternationalDiabetesFederation/
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/IntDiabetesFed
- Share WDD resources on your favorite platforms
- Create a WDD page using content and WDD resources
- Support WDD social media campaign. RT or like our messages!
- Create your own social media campaign using WDD content and #WDD @WDD
- Update your Facebook and Twitter header with a WDD social media visual.
- Participate in the discussion by responding to our messaging
- Engage and activate your online community to support WDD
- Become a WDD ambassador
- Promote WDD by engaging with KOLs and celebs. Don't forget the important #WDD @WDD
- Advocate at regional, national and international level to make diabetes a priority on health and development agendas
- Call on decision-makers in your region to promote early detection and help prevent type 2 diabetes and diabetes complications
- Hold a roundtable, bringing together key stakeholders from diabetes and NCD organisations, governmental agencies, academic institutions and industry to exchange knowledge and share good example in tackling the diabetes epidemic
Join the conversation on IDF’s LinkedIn profile: www.linkedin.com/company/InternationalDiabetesFederation