20 April 2018
Category : Office management
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is looking for a Director of Operations.
IDF is an alliance of 240 national diabetes associations with two million members in 166 countries and territories. It is committed to raising global awareness of diabetes, building the evidence of the impact of diabetes, and providing information and tools to help people with diabetes and the healthcare professionals who support them.
In this role you will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations to help the organization achieves its objectives.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of IDF Executive Office
- Oversee the financial management of the IDF Executive Office with the assistance of the Finance Team, including internal controls, reporting, budget allocations and spending
- Ensure that IDF’s HR policies and procedures meet the requirements of Belgium law and best practice within the not-for-profit sector
- Serve as IDF’s human resources specialist, responsible for establishing and implementing appropriate policies, helping people managers to recruit and on-board new hires, and evaluate performance
- Oversee employee benefits
- Lead legal and governance compliance of the Federation in consultation with relevant legal counsels
- Oversee office management and information technology
- Line manage the Finance team, Office Manager and Office Assistant
- In cooperation with the Campaign Director, develop and implement operational plans, policies and goals to further the strategic objectives of the Federation
- Perform other duties or changes of duty as designated by the IDF President with the consent of the Board.
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in an international environment
- Experience in non-profit sector a plus
- Relevant experience in financial management and/or accounting
- A minimum of five years’ experience in human resource management
- A good understanding of Belgian employment law
- Strong employee relations skills
- French or Dutch native speaker with a high level of fluency in English.
- Holds a Master’s degree
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural and international environment
- Commitment and capacity to maintain the highest level of integrity, judgment, and confidentiality in leadership and in managing information and resources
- Strong organizational skills teamed with a flexible and adaptable style
- Embraces IDF’s values, ethics and beliefs.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae and covering letter by email to HR@idf.org, before 18 May 2018.