07 November 2017
Category : Other
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 230 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 170 countries and territories. It is committed to raising the global awareness of diabetes, building the evidence of the impact of diabetes, and providing tools for people with diabetes and health professionals.
IDF is looking for an Associate Director of Operations who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations necessary to ensure that the organization achieves its objectives.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae and motivational letter by email to HR@idf.org, before 27 November 2017, indicating as reference the position for which they apply.
Key responsibilities of the Associate Director of Operations will include:Ensures the smooth running of IDF Executive Office
- Ensures that IDF’s HR policies and procedures meet the requirements of Belgium law and best practice within the not-for-profit sector.
- Serves as IDF’s human resources specialist, responsible for establishing and implementing appropriate policies, and overseeing employee benefits.
- Lead legal and governance compliance of the Federation in consultation with relevant legal counsel
- Oversees office management and information technology.
- Oversees the financial management of the IDF Executive Office with the assistance of the Finance Team.
- Lead the organization of ordinary and extraordinary meetings of the General Assembly
- Leads along with the other Associate Director, the Senior Managers and teams in developing and implementing programs, partnerships, congresses and other initiatives
- Any other duty or change of duty as designated by the IDF Board and the IDF President with the consent of the Board.
• Knowledge level of a Master’s degree.
• A proven track record of at least 10 years’ experience of working in the non-profit sector at international level.
• Experience in large membership management
• Minimum of five years’ experience in the field of human resources.
• Very good command of English.
• Strong employee relations skills and proven knowledge of Belgian employment law.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to thrive in a multicultural and international environment
• Embracing IDF’s values, ethics and beliefs
• Commitment and capacity to maintain the highest level of integrity, judgment, and confidentiality in leading, and in managing information and resources
• Strong organizational skills teamed with a flexible and adaptable style