07 November 2017
Category : Other
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 230 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 170 countries and territories. It is committed to raising the global awareness of diabetes, building the evidence of the impact of diabetes, and providing tools for people with diabetes and health professionals.
IDF is looking for an Associate Director, Campaign Management who will be responsible for leading the IDF Advocacy, Communication, Education and Humanitarian programs in order to raise the profile of IDF.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae and motivational letter by email to HR@idf.org, before 27 November 2017, indicating as reference the position for which they apply.
Key responsibilities of the Associate Director, Campaign Management will include:
- Develop and implement a strategic, overarching and integrated grassroots campaign plan to promote the IDF’s mission, strengthening the constituency base among priority global audience
- Manage and develop IDF’s campaign initiatives (e.g. World Diabetes Day campaign), responsible for planning, engagement, prospect and target identification, data and relationship management, stewardship and execution with the support of the communications team
- Lead awareness and advocacy campaigns and strategic outreach to targeted groups, as well as NGOs, non-profit and service organizations, with the support of the advocacy team in order to raise the profile of diabetes as a global health issue
- Develop and implement communications strategy, incl. social media platforms, printed material, website and media relations
- Lead the IDF Humanitarian programs
- Build relationships with external strategic partners and others to deliver high quality humanitarian initiatives
- Manages and builds relationships with key stakeholders in multilateral agencies, governments and civil society to influence policy and strategy;
- Ensure that constituents, donors, partners and Members receive consistent, quality communications and have highly effective opportunities to engage with Global Network grassroots campaign initiatives
- Oversees the IDF Membership coordination, development and relationship.
- Develops and safeguards IDF Corporate branding strategy.
- Any other duty or change of duty as designated by the IDF Board and the IDF President with the consent of the Board.
• Knowledge level of a Master’s degree.
• 10 years’ experience of working in the non-profit sector.
• A track record of developing successful communication and advocacy plans and campaigns
• Experience in a major humanitarian organisation would be an asset.
• A record of success in building and maintaining excellent contacts and networks of strategic allies.
• A record of successfully managing a team.
• Excellent command of English, any other additional languages are an asset.
• Knowledge of health and development issues, including the global importance of non-communicable diseases would be an advantage.
• Ability to thrive in a multicultural and international environment
• Embracing IDF’s values, ethics and beliefs
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Confident presentational skills and excellent writing skills.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.