07 November 2017
Category : Other
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 230 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 170 countries and territories. It is committed to raising the global awareness of diabetes, building the evidence of the impact of diabetes, and providing tools for people with diabetes and health professionals.
IDF is looking for a Liaison Officer/Board Secretary who will coordinate between the IDF Board and the IDF Office Staff on responsibilities, programs and initiatives entrusted by the IDF Board to be carried out by the Office Staff.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae and motivational letter by email to HR@idf.org, before 27 November 2017, indicating as reference the position for which they apply.
Key responsibilities of the Liaison Officer/Board Secretary will include:
• Responsibility to additionally inform the IDF Board of the status of the Programs and initiatives as well as communication status, deemed necessary by the IDF Board.
• Responsibility to additionally inform the relevant Office Staff of the work entrusted to them by the IDF Board.
• Keeping the IDF Board informed of the status of the responsibilities entrusted by them to the Office Staff.
• Keeping Notes and Minutes of the IDF Board Meetings.
• Member of the Executive Committee.
• Any other duty or change of duty as designated by the IDF Board and the IDF President with the consent of the Board.
• Knowledge level of a Bachelors/Master’s degree.
• A proven track record of at least 3 years’ experience of working in the non-profit sector at international level.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent command of English.
• Ability to thrive in a multicultural and international environment
• Embracing IDF’s values, ethics and beliefs
• Commitment and capacity to maintain the highest level of integrity, judgment, and confidentiality in leading, and in managing information and resources.
• Strong organizational skills teamed with a flexible and adaptable style.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Confident presentational skills and excellent writing skills.