26 July 2017
Category : Policy & programmes
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 230 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 170 countries and territories. It is committed to raising the global awareness of diabetes, building the evidence of the impact of diabetes, and providing tools for people with diabetes and health professionals.
IDF is looking for a Project Coordinator to implement the IDF Diabetes Eye Health Strategy, in collaboration with partners and other stakeholders.
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a curriculum vitae and motivational letter by email to HR@idf.org, indicating as reference the position for which they apply by 27 November 2017.
- Develops and implements projects for increasing action of IDF on diabetes retinopathy and other diabetes related eye diseases
- Advocates for IDF on the working groups and operational bodies related to diabetes eye programmes
- The development and day-to-day implementation of project action plans
- Reviews annual partnership agreements and supporting materials
- Liaises with the funding agency, in collaboration with the Global partnerships team.
- Supports implementation of project monitoring and evaluation plan in collaboration with partners and stakeholders
- Ensures timely delivery of projects outputs and deliverables
- Tracks the progress of projects and reporting to all stakeholders
- Uses project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets and expenditures
- Keeps the Senior Programmes Manager and others informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
- Prepares and/or edits meeting minutes, presentations and tables
- Schedules project follow up meetings as required
- Develops and publishes communications to project stakeholders
- Develops and reviewing project status and report
- Develops new programmes and projects in collaboration with colleagues from External Relations and Policy and Programmes Department.
- Keeps himself/herself up to date with relevant scientific literature
- Communicates effectively with health professionals from a variety of backgrounds, including clinical, health economic, diabetes education and health services research
- Knowledge level of Masters in Public Health, Diabetes, Project Management or another health related field
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience, preferably in the field of diabetes education and care
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge of standard business software
- Keen interest in diabetes and the mission of IDF
- Fluency in written and spoken English; additional language(s) a strong advantage
- Good working knowledge of the global epidemiology of diabetes, major risk factors and strategies for prevention of the condition and its complications
- Highly-developed skills in the analysis and presentation of epidemiological data, including written reports, papers.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, action-oriented, pragmatic, result-driven
- A broad overall management and organisational view
- A strong sense of team spirit, with natural leadership effectiveness
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural and international environment
- A dedicated commitment to health issues, with empathy with the diabetes cause
- Medical or life sciences background is an asset
- Embracing IDF’s values, ethics and beliefs
IDF offers a fixed-term contract of 1 year.