Volunteers have an important role to play at the World Diabetes Congress. We welcome applications from those who are interested in being a part of this significant scientific event in Melbourne.
Whether you are someone who simply enjoys the excitement of volunteering for big events, or have a specific interest in diabetes research and education, your contribution as a volunteer will be crucial to the success of the Congress.
Volunteers will be assigned specific roles after an initial screening of applications. Some examples of roles include:
- Managing information desks
- Assisting with registration
- Badge control scanning
Each volunteer is expected to give Congress delegates a warm Melbourne welcome and to showcase the best that the World Diabetes Congress has to offer.
Volunteers are a valued part of the World Diabetes Congress. Outside of your shifts, you will be able to attend conference sessions.
Lunch and water are provided on your shift days as well as the cost of a train/tram/bus fare within the Metropolitan Melbourne area to the Congress venue.
There will be training sessions for volunteers and you will also be furnished with an information kit, a t-shirt, and a name badge.
The criteria for volunteers are:
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be based in Melbourne
- You are available, through your own arrangements, to attend the orientation sessions on Friday, 29 Nov 2013 at the Congress venue in Melbourne
- You are available, through your own arrangements, to perform your volunteer duties from 30 Nov-06 Dec 2013 at the Congress venue in Melbourne.
If you would like to take this rare chance to be a part of the Congress and you meet the criteria for volunteers, please complete the application form below.