You can participate in World Diabetes Day by:
- Going blue for breakfast: raise awareness of the importance of a healthy and balanced diet for the prevention and management of diabetes by organising a healthy breakfast event.
- Pinning a personality with the blue circle: Help promote the global symbol for diabetes awareness by getting local celebrities to show their support for the diabetes cause by wearing the blue circle pin.
- Joining the Blue Monument Challenge by lighting iconic monuments and buildings in your country in blue.
- Forming a human blue circle: a simple activity with a great visual impact that can be organized as an individual activity or as part of a bigger event.
- Taking a blue circle selfie: Promote the global diabetes symbol in a fun way by taking a blue circle selfie with our free blue circle app. Your imagination is the limit!
- Organising a physical activity event: walk, cycle ride, aerobic workout, hula hooping, flash mob or dancing.
- Wearing blue throughout November and asking your friends, family, and colleagues to join you.
- Promoting the campaign on your website, blog or forum by creating a WDD section with information about local events and other campaign information.
- Promoting the campaign among your Facebook and Twitter friends.
- Promoting the blue circle - the global symbol for diabetes - and/or integrating the colour blue into your local diabetes and WDD promotional materials, activities, and communications.