With just 40 days to go to World Diabetes Day on 14 November, here's a reminder of some of the activities that you can do to mark the day in your area:
- Pin a personality with the blue circle. Read more.
- Light a monument or building in blue, the colour of the global symbol for diabetes awareness. Read more.
- Organise a physical activity, walks, cycle rides, aerobic workouts, hula hooping, flash mob or dancing.
- Form a human blue circle, a simple activity with a great visual impact that can be organized as an individual activity or as part of a bigger event.
- Wear blue for diabetes awareness and ask your friends, family and colleagues to join you.
- Promote World Diabetes Day on your website, blog or forum by creating a dedicated page with information about local events and other campaign information.
- Promote the blue circle, the global symbol for diabetes, and/or integrate the colour blue into your WDD promotional materials, activities, and communications.